Huayi hats provides a variety of high-end wool felt hats that will not only help
improve your business, but give you some style to go with it!
Understand the Background of What is a Newsboy Cap
Learn what is a newsboy cap properly and you'll upgrade your style from ordinary to outstanding.
What is a newsboy cap called
The newsboy cap, newsie cap or baker boy hat (British) is a casual-wear cap similar in style to the flat cap.
It has the same overall shape and stiff peak (visor) in front as a flat cap, but the body of the cap is rounder, fuller, and paneled with a button on top, and often with a button attaching the front to the brim (as the flat cap sometimes has).
What is a tweed newsboy cap
There are many different material of newsboy hats to wear. Start with the classic linen and cotton blend 8-panel newsie in a dark color like navy or black. The wool newsie, the tweed hat, is another option that's slightly more upscale and perfect when you want to look just a bit more fashionable.
Harris Tweed is a tweed cloth that is handwoven by islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides. This definition, quality standards and protection of the Harris Tweed name are enshrined in the Harris Tweed Act 1993.
The original name of tweed fabric was "tweel", the Scots word for twill, as the fabric was woven in a twill weave rather than a plain (or tabby) weave. A number of theories exist as to how and why "tweel" became corrupted into "tweed"; in one, a London merchant in the 1830s, upon receiving a letter from a Hawick firm inquiring after "tweels", misinterpreted the spelling as a trade name taken from the River Tweed, which flows through the Scottish Borders. Subsequently, the goods were advertised as "tweed", the name used ever since.
The history of the newsboy cap
The style was popular in Europe and North America in the early 20th centuries among both boys and adult men. As the name suggests, it was at the time associated with newspaper boys. This gives rise to a misunderstanding. It is true that many newspaper boys and other working boys at the time wore flat caps along with other styles. This style was not, however, worn only by boys. A great many photographs of the period show these caps worn not only by newsboys, but by dockworkers, high steel workers, shipwrights, costermongers, farmers, beggars, bandits, artisans, and tradesmen of many types. Know more about newsboy cap in wikipedia.
When to wear a newsboy cap
- 1.Fall is the season to wear one. Don't wear one with a T-shirt and Rainbow sandals in June, and don't wear one in the dead of winter when your head really deserves something more substantial. Now is very much the time.
- 2.Wear it on busy, errand-running days. On a Sunday afternoon, a driving cap or newsboy cap will keep you from looking like a gym rat, while still checking all of the boxes that your go-to baseball cap does. This is the right time and place for the thing—a wedding, on the other hand, is not.
Best Stetson newsboy caps
Newsboy cap vs flat cap?
- 1. The newsboy cap has a top button while the flat cap doesn't. And the top button are the best way to distinguish a newsboy cap from a flat cap.
- 2. The newsboy cap has panels while the flat cap doesn't.
- 3. The newsboy cap is rounder, puffier while the flat cap has no bagginess.
If you want to read more, please click "newsboy cap vs flat cap".
Best newsboy caps from Huayi Hats
Shop our mens newsboy hats:
You May Also Like
Newsboy Cap vs Flat Cap – 3 Main Differences
Many people don't know the difference between newsboy and flat cap because of the quite similarities between them. Today let's explore it.
How To Wear a Flat Cap? Wearing It Like This...
The question “how to wear a flat cap” is often asked in our daily life. In the 21st century, many celebrities and fashion houses have styled flat caps with casual